Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life Changes

Not much cooking going on this month, as I am working part time now and we are looking to buy a house, not to mention having to show this one. I actually broke down and spent $5.00 a box for Amy's Kids Meals Baked Ziti (my links aren't working so I'm going to do this the long way... http://www.amys.com/products/category_view.php?prod_category=20 ) Emily LOVES these. As far as I know this is the only Amy's Kids Meal that is vegan and gluten free, but it does have almonds, sunflower seeds, and soy. It's a little rice pasta in red sauce with soy cheese, broccoli, gluten free faccocia, and a little apple crisp. It is yummy! My 13 year old will be babysitting Emily while I work so I am going to have to have a lot of quick and easy (probably frozen) meals on hand. It may be time for ME to call on all those wonderful allergen free mommy blogs out there!!! So anyway...we haven't found a house yet but we are renting right now and the owner is selling this house, so the move is imminent. I am very slowly starting to clean house and pack up things that we really don't need out. This poster has been hanging on my wall for a year now, Emily made it in kindergarten. I just love it so much, everything about it! I love the artwork, her design and choice of colors, but of course I also love her awareness of her allergies. It is posted on there, in my opinion, with a sense of pride. It is time for the poster to come down now, but it is definitely going in her memory box! :)


5 comments:

Kristin said...

HI, I just wanted to let you know that we recently launched a new website with recipes for food allergies and health conditions. Each recipe is approved by naturopathic doctors and tagged for 9 of the most common allergens the recipe is free of. Check it out: www.nourishthis.com :)

Lisa Cooks Allergen Free said...

I love your post, children's artwork is such a joy, and your recipes are wonderful. I will definetely be back!!!

FoodAllergyMom said...

Thank you Lisa! I've been feeling guilty about not posting any new recipes lately, then I realized that for newcomers the whole blog is new recipes. At least that thought is pacifying me for now :)

Lisa Cooks Allergen Free said...

You shouldn't feel guilty, what you are doing is amazing!

Lynn said...

Hi - I just discovered your blog. Our son is allergic to eggs, wheat, milk, tree nuts (4 of them), and sesame. I'm still amazed when I see them all in a row typed out! In the past I've avoided allergy blogs because it can sometimes be frustrating to see great recipes free of one allergen but full of his others, but I decided it was time I sought out some online support too, since it looks like we're in this for the long haul. Have you tried Ian's frozen chicken nuggets? My 18-month old lives on those lately. (We're buying a house this month too!).