Friday, December 9, 2011

Egg Free Royal Icing

As usual, I have no time to make or post anything new, but I thought at the very least I could re-post my egg free royal icing recipe. I don't think I could live without it this time of year. I hope it comes in handy for others in need too. I hope you all are having a very, very wonderful holiday season!!! :)
And here's the recipe...


1 c Powdered sugar
1 T Ener-G egg replacer (dry)
1 t Cream of tartar
1/8 t Xanthan gum
2 T Water (approximately)


Blend all dry ingredients together. Add water slowly until desired consistency is reached. Less water will be strong enough to bind gingerbread houses, more water will be better for a piping bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to put this on my egg-free gingerbread cookies for my allergic second grader to take to school tomorrow. He's always so thrilled when he can have something special. Thanks for the recipe (with no margarine!).

FoodAllergyMom said...

you are very welcome! Happy Holidays :)